Bikkel Artist (Netherlands, born on Curaçao, 1948) CV BIKKEL - ONLY 2023
GLASS DESIGN AND PAINTINGS (Professional)
Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Year of graduate: 2002 with judicium exceptional
The process of working is spontaneous. Bikkel works with vibrant colors and strong shapes. Emotions play an important role in this. Everything reflects the warmth of her native Curaçao.
Bikkel glass designs and paintings are in well-known museums and private collections. Such as the Museum Voorlinden, The Curaçao Museum, Museum Maassluis, etc.
2023. The World of Art Award “ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2023” for the Best in Art & Creativity by World of Art Contemporary Art Magazine, Petru Russu, art editor and publisher (MFA)
2023. One of the Finalists in the 59th International Artavita Online Art Contest. Publication with artwork in the 13th issue of World Wide Art Magazine.
- Museum Maassluis - General Board Member Museum Maassluis, 2023-present
- Bikkel Museum - Founder and Curator, 2004-present
- Stichting Maassluise Kunstenaars (SMK), Maassluis – Member, 2022-present
- Regio Art Rijnmond (RAR) – Member Artists' Association at Spijkenisse, 2019-present
- World Art Games (WAG) - WAG NL Honorary Member, 2011-present
- WAG Children Project (WAG CP) - WAG CP NL coordinator, 2015-present
- Zervas Art Club, Rotterdam – Founder and President, 2021 – present
- Costanza Foundation, Italy – Member 2023 - present
- FIAG, Fantapia M. Museum, South Korea – Member, 2023 – present
- OPERA “Mijn Kleurrijk Verleden” - PRODUCER and LIBRETTO by Bikkel Artist. 2012. Within Music of F. Poulenc under Poems of P. Elouard. World Première: November 16th 2012 at Stadsgehoorzaal Vlaardingen, The Netherlands. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h-8uAp-hHU&hd=1
@Trademarks Register since 2004. Reg. nr. 0755087
KvK Rotterdam: reg nr 24238842
Bikkel Artwork selected by jury in International MUSEA and Foundations
2023. Artavita. U.S.A. selected the work “slaves the past” as one of the finalists in the recent 59th International Artavita Online Art Contest. Publication with one BIKKEL artwork in the 13th issue of World Wide Art Magazine.
2022. Fantapia M. Museum, Korea, selected “From the depth” for the collaboration exhibition.
2022. Fantapia M. Museum, Korea, selected “fugitives” for the 3th Intern. Art Exhibition “Beyond the Borders”. This artwork received AWARD in 2022 from Fantapia M. Museum, Korea.
2021. Stimulate PRIZE ‘Waterweg Cultuur Prijs 2021’ with Bikkel Project ‘Schilderen aan het Scheur’
2021. Boijmans van Beuningen Museum, Rotterdam. (painting ‘Reflections Depot BvB’, artwork selected for in posterframes throughout Rotterdam, 1-14th nov)
Bikkel Artwork included in International MUSEA
2022. Fantapia M, Chang Kil-Hwan Museum, Korea (painting “From the depth”)
2022. Fantapia M, Chang Kil-Hwan Museum, Korea (painting “Fugitives”)
2021. Fantapia M, Chang Kil-Hwan Museum, Korea (painting “Giraffe”)
2020. Haegeumgang Theme Museum, South Korea. (painting “Flowers”)
2022. Collection House of Culture "Kocho Racin" at Skopje, North-Macedonia (glass Curacao Bully)
2021. Collection Fondazione Campana dei Canduti, Turkey. (glass “Fishing Woman”)
2020. Collection of Palmieri Foundation, Lecce, Italy. (glass, Africa Woman Black Head)